We are excited to offer an opportunity for students in the Jackson Madison County community to add their creative talents to the Jackson International Food and Art Festival. The attached flyer highlights the two areas of the contest--the student poetry and art contests. All submissions should communicate a positive theme.
Suggested prompts for submissions:
• What does my cultural heritage mean to me?
• Bringing the world to Jackson
• Building bridges of friendship across cultures
• No more than 35 lines
• Send to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Each student submission should be submitted as a separate attachment.
If you have a large class and would like to drop off the submission, you may do that at the Jackson Arts Council at 314 East Main, Jackson, TN from Monday, September 9 to Friday, September 20th anytime between 12 noon until 4 p.m. (If you have any questions regarding where the Arts Council is located, feel free to call their office at 731-423-2787.)
Art submission requirements:
• 11x14 sturdy paper OR thin canvas panels
• Paper should be sturdy and suitable to medium used (watercolors, acrylic, charcoal, pastels, or pencils)
Please attach the following information to each art or poetry submission:
School Contact number/Email
Parents and/or guardian’s name
Categories for judging in both contests will be grouped as follows: grades K-5th, 6th-8th and 9th -12th. Prizes will be awarded for poetry and art in each category and will be displayed in the Children’s Activity Area at the Jackson International Food and Art Festival on Saturday, September 28. Winners will receive additional publicity and recognition from the Jackson Arts Council. If you have questions or need more information, please feel free to contact Jean Marie Walls at 731-661-5359 or Jackson Arts Council at 731-423-2787.
Thank you for your interest,
Jean Marie Walls